Plug-ins that get more out of a Magento eCommerce website
In the world of professional web design, Magento has become the No.1 eCommerce solution. That’s because Magento developers like iWeb know it offers so much functionality and so many features straight ‘out of the box’ – which allows a website design company to offer a faster turnaround to clients.
But because Magento is an open source platform produced by a community of professional web developers, there are also a host of extra plug-ins available. These allows for full customisation of any eCommerce website design so that it fulfils its ultimate purpose much more efficiently – and that’s to sell to customers.
Here’s a brief round up of some of the most popular and useful Magento plug-ins available:
- Canonical URLs for Magento adds canonical links to Magento pages.
- Yoast MetaRobots is a useful SEO plug-in that adds meta robot tags to Magento pages.
- Remerce CMS Meta Robots is another meta tag plug-in for Magento.
- MailChimp ECommerce360 Reporting helps to measure the rate of return of email campaigns. It tracks everything – from when recipients click on the email, through to visiting the website, right to the completion of the purchase process. MailChimp then displays this information as a breakdown on a campaign report.
- Auto CrossSell Products automates product cross selling. When a customer checks out, all the products chosen are flagged as cross sell opportunities.
- Lazzymonks Twitter displays Twitter updates and allows updating by the admin.
- Product Gallery Importer allows for the importing of multiple product images from a CSV file.
- Lazzymonks Google Ads adds the Google Ads blocker.
- Auctionmaid Matrixrate enhances shipping fee table rate for international shipping.
- Category admin product tab : edit product link adds a product edit link in the category tab.
- Change Attribute Set allows for the changing of product attributes after a product is registered.
- Fontis WYSIWYG adds What You See Is What You Get feature in product description.
- Mass Product Relater registers related products, up-sells and cross-sells.
- Fooman Google Analytics Plus tracks every individual page and also actual typed keywords by the website user.
- Advanced Sitemap lists products from current store.
- IW PayPal Standard Currencies allows the choosing of any PayPal supported currency and adds it to the shop’s admin panel.
- J2T Points & Rewards allows the customer to gather points on products they are buying. The points can then be used for discount on other purchases.
- Fontis SecurePay processes payments through a SecureXML gateway.
- Checkout Newsletter sends newsletters to customers detailing latest sales, newest products and special offers.
- Events Calendar displays key events on the website.
- Exploded Menu replaces a standard menu with a multi-column drop down menu system.
- Magento Easy Lightbox displays images of products as a lightbox.
- Fooman Invoice=Order Number creates separate invoice, shipment and credit memo numbers for one order.
- Teaserbox shows teasers of products, if they are available.
- Magento EasyTabs adds additional informational tabs on the product page.
- MostViewed module automatically generates the list of the store’s most viewed products and displays it at the homepage in the customer area.
All of these plug-ins and more can be built into an eCommerce website design for your business. For more information, contact iWeb’s expert team of professional web developers.
Want to discuss a project?
Talk to our Magento experts on 01785 279920